Friday, April 10, 2009

Busy Times

During times of extreme busy-ness, I do miss baking........a lot. It is my comfort, it allows me to forget and play with my creativity. I feel such a joy when I am mixing, kneading, cracking eggs and smelling the aromas of vanilla bean, citrus, even the smell of fresh yeast!
They say diamonds are a girl's best friend?!! I have never been attracted to diamonds, fancy jewelry or even wished to own them. My kind of jewelry you would ask?? mixers, food processors, pans and different pastry tools, COOKBOOKS!

Raspberry Mousse Chocolate Cake

I always wonder why I have never pursued a pastry career. I always knew deep inside of me that this is what I want, this is my passion and I would never be bored working in that field. Instead, I didn't want to disappoint my parents and of course had to follow the "standards". So instead, I ended up studying Economics (something that I've never been excited about): statistics, macro economics, micro economics, political economics, probabilities...........the only thing about economy that would attract me was the availability of eggs, sugar, flour, not to forget the vanilla, extremely important for the economy!!

Raspberry Mousse Chocolate Cake


Past is past, right? everything was/is there for a reason and there is nothing wrong with dreaming. As long as our economy can provide us with the eggs, butter, sugar and the vanilla................bean, then I am more than fine.
This post has no recipe. I did everything in such a hurry: cake and pictures. I just made a simple chocolate cake for the base and a raspberry mousse. Let the mousse firm up in the fridge for couple hours. Then covered it with tempered dark chocolate and a ganache on top. I love mousse cakes, so don't worry whenever I am done with this busy phase and have free time, I'll remake the recipe, write it down precisely and post it. Meanwhile, try to be happy with what you have, and take care of your dream (s).


11 comments:

  1. You know you just described myself. I too have a passion for baking and enjoy it and wish to have followed a baking career but I choose banking :( At least now I still work in a bank but sell my cakes to workmates :) I too am not interested in diamonds and prefer cooking utensils :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just want to say: your blog is wonderful. I love it. I wish you could post the recipe about this delicious chocolate with mousse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I would love to see your recipe soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello
    i'm Nesrin
    i like your blog too much
    thax a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice picture...looks really yummie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo and what you wrote. I felt like you, went back to culinary and baking school, did it for a while, but found that blogging is more fun! Or maybe I was too old to be on my feet 15 hours a day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm ... looks delicious! hope you'll have a lot of time for baking soon again :-)! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. this look so yumm!
    i love the photo and im waiting already for your next baking session
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "My kind of jewelry you would ask?? mixers, food processors, pans and different pastry tools, COOKBOOKS!" - that sounds just like me...ha ha...I'd rather go shopping for kitchen equipments and cookbooks than clothes!

    You have a great blog and your creations and photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just discovered your blog and I love it so much. you are really talented. I have a lot of sympathy with what you have written, but unlike me it's never too late. I know having a family is difficult, but if they are willing to support you, you can do something about it like opening your own business. I think you would do really well.

    ReplyDelete