Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clafouti

I must say that I am not a big fan of clafouti nor blueberries. I tried making clafouti couple times and every time I got disappointed. I either don't like the texture of the clafouti itself, or the cooked fruits. However, this time, it came out different and quite tasty. I actually loved the taste of the cooked blueberries and the clafouti didn't taste too "eggy". Plus, I added some orange zest since I didn't have any lemons on hand. I actually prefer the orange-blueberry combo better.



Blueberry Clafoutis



Recipe

4 large eggs
1 cup minus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
3/4 cup all purpose flour (if you want it more cakey use a whole cup)
2 cups blueberries
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp orange zest
Pinch of salt

Preparation

1- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 8 ramekins with cooking spray and arrange some blueberries on each of them. Set aside.
2- Mix the eggs and sugar until fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla and orange zest.
3- Sift the flour and salt over the wet ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
4- Pour the mixture over the blueberries. Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet.
5- Bake the clafoutis for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly golden. sprinkle with confectioner sugar and enjoy warm or cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment