Sunday, August 10, 2008

Simple & yummy!

This recipe is really simple, in fact I found it in a food magazine and it was on the kids page. I thought I'd try it for my picky eater, he adored them and I did too. The method of making these muffins is simple yet it yielded to a great result. I've tried fairly more complicated muffin recipes and didn't get a nice result or should I say didn't get what I'd expect from a good muffin: not too sweet, moist and light. I think I can use this recipe as a base and explore with other flavors.

Nutella Muffins

Recipe (10 to 11 muffins)

100 g unsalted melted butter.
1 large egg.
2 heaping Tbsp Nutella.
100 ml milk.
180 g all purpose flour.
70 g sugar.
1+1/2 tsp baking powder.
Pinch of salt.
Nutella
Chopped hazelnuts

Preparation

1- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
2- Combine the melted butter, the egg and the nutella. Mix with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy. Add the milk. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined (do not over mix)
4. Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5- Let the muffins cool completely. Ice each muffin with nutella and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. These look so irresistible! I love Nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im definitely gona try this one.
    nutella + muffin = heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. patricia scarpin: thank you for passing by, always a pleasure to hear from you!
    missy: thank you for all your lovely comments. Your photostream is too gorgeous, you are so talented!I hope you'll like the muffins, let me know when you try them how they came out (if you don't mind!)I need feedback on my recipes :))

    ReplyDelete